What is Body Contouring?
Many people are focused on improving their body image as it does provide a boost in self-esteem. Patients can maintain proper weight loss by undergoing body contouring. With the right eating and exercise habits, patients will be able to focus on long-term weight maintenance. So, how can body contouring provide the right returns for patients hoping to lose weight and improve their health? Keep reading to find out!
What is Body Contouring?
Body contouring is an increasingly popular cosmetic procedure that helps to reduce fat and reshape the body. It can help you achieve a more toned, sculpted look without having to resort to surgery or extreme dieting. Let’s take a closer look at what body contouring entails and how it works.
Patients undergoing surgical body contouring in Chandler, AZ will be able to see improvements almost right away. The procedures will remove extra fat or sagging skin. The weight loss will help to shape the tissue under the fat. This will provide an outcome that allows the skin to look toned and natural. The contours of the skin will be smooth and flawless.
Read More: Services Offered by Dr. Rimma Finkel
How does Body Contouring Work?
Body contouring has become an increasingly popular option for those looking for a way to reduce fat around certain areas of their bodies without having to go under the knife or commit themselves fully to extreme diets/exercise regimens in order to achieve their desired results. It works by combining different techniques such as liposuction, cryolipolysis (fat freezing), laser liposuction, radiofrequency treatments, and non-invasive liposculpture in order to reduce fat deposits while also stimulating collagen production for improved skin tone/elasticity in treated areas. There are many benefits associated with this type of treatment including minimal recovery times (some even require no downtime!), lasting results if maintained properly, and no risk of scarring due to its minimally invasive nature. If you’re looking for a safe way to get rid of stubborn fat deposits without having to go under the knife or commit yourself fully to an intense diet/exercise regimen then consider giving body contouring a try!
Body contouring works by using a combination of techniques to reduce fat and shape the body. The most common techniques used in body contouring include liposuction, cryolipolysis (Fat Freezing), laser liposuction, radiofrequency treatments, and non-invasive liposculpture.
Can it Help for Dramatic Weight Loss?
People having issues losing weight are now turning to surgery. Does surgical body contouring provide the right results for large amounts of fat or skin removal? After a major weight loss surgery, some patients can have problems with excess skin. Removal of the fat cells can leave behind skin that has been stretched out and is not contouring to the body. The skin and tissues normally lack the elasticity needed to give your body a natural appearance.
What Procedures Are Performed?
If you meet with your doctor to discuss weight loss surgery, you need to find out how each procedure differs. Which procedure will provide you with the best outcome? Most patients in need of surgery for weight loss and skin tightening will undergo one of the following procedures:
- Facelift – sagging necklines, mid-face, and jowls often turn to facelifts to bring about a youthful appearance.
- Tummy Tuck – if a patient has excess fat around their midsection, a tummy tuck is a common procedure used to remove the fat. This surgery will involve removal of fat cells and excess skin that hangs over the abdominal muscles.
- Breast Lift – patients with sagging breasts often turn to breast lifts to restore breasts to their youthful appearance.
- Body Lift – this procedure will normally focus around the buttocks, midsection, and the outer thighs.
- Brachioplasty – patients with sagging upper arms to improve the excess fat that causes sagging skin and muscles.
- Thigh Lift – when a patient has sagging thighs, this procedure will focus on removing the fat and tightening the skin around them to make the thighs appear toned.
Other Types of Body Contouring Procedures
In addition to the procedures listed above, here are some additional ways surgeons achieve contouring results.
- Liposuction is one of the most popular procedures used in body contouring as it removes excess fat from specific areas of the body. It is performed under general anesthesia, and patients are typically able to return home on the same day as the procedure.
- Cryolipolysis involves freezing fat cells with a device that emits cold temperatures, which causes them to eventually die off naturally over time. This procedure can be done on its own or in conjunction with other treatments like laser liposuction or radiofrequency treatments.
- Laser liposuction uses laser energy to liquefy fat before it is removed from the body with suctioning devices.
- Radiofrequency treatments involve using radio frequencies delivered through heat energy to target deep layers of tissue and stimulate collagen production for improved skin tone and elasticity.
- Non-invasive liposculpture involves using ultrasound waves that break down fatty deposits in targeted areas while also stimulating collagen production for improved skin tone and texture.
Benefits of Body Contouring
The primary benefit of body contouring is that it can help you achieve a more sculpted, toned look without having to resort to surgery or extreme dieting/exercise regimens. Additionally, there are no long recovery times associated with most body contouring procedures since they are minimally invasive or non-invasive. Moreover, some procedures like cryolipolysis are virtually painless and require no downtime after treatment so you can resume your normal activities immediately after your session ends! Finally, many people find that their results last longer than those achieved through dieting alone since once fatty deposits have been removed from your body they will not come back unless you gain significant amounts of weight again later on down the line.
Who makes a good candidate for body contouring?
Are you thinking about getting a body sculpting procedure but aren’t sure if you’re a good candidate? Here are some of the factors to consider before getting body sculpting done.
A candidate should…
- Be in good physical health
- Not smoke, drink, or take non-prescription drugs
- Not have severe medical conditions that would negatively impact recovery
- Go into the procedure with a positive mindset
- Have realistic expectations about the outcome of the procedure
- Not use body contouring as a method for weight loss
- Be prepared to maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle after the procedure to preserve the results
- Make an informed decision and not be pressured by anyone to have this procedure.
Achieve Your Aesthetic Goals with Dr. Finkel
Dr. Finkel believes that everyone deserves to look and feel their best in their own skin. Sometimes, we can lose a bit of confidence if we don’t fully like the way we look. This can make it difficult to enjoy the activities we love or even spend time with those we care about. Body contouring can help individuals achieve their aesthetic goals and regain their lost confidence. The most important thing to remember is to love yourself and be true to yourself no matter what.
To learn more about body sculpting or to schedule your personal consultation, feel free to contact the office of Dr. Rimma Finkel at (480) 963-3034. You can also contact us online. We look forward to helping you achieve your aesthetic and wellness goals!